RATIONALE FOR ADVENTURE
This adventure prepares Webelos Scouts for an outdoor experience and hiking activity.
TAKEAWAYS FOR CUB SCOUTS
- Planning hikes
- Collecting the needed gear
- Learning outdoor safety skills
- A Scout is brave, kind, cheerful. [Webelos Character Compass]
ADVENTURE REQUIREMENTS (Webelos Handbook, page 98)
Do all of these:
- Create a hike plan.
- Assemble a hiking first-aid kit.
- Describe and identify from photos any poisonous plants and dangerous animals and insects you might encounter on your hike.
- Before your hike, plan and prepare a nutritious lunch. Enjoy it on your hike, and clean up afterward.
- Recite the Outdoor Code and the Leave No Trace Principles for Kids from memory. Talk about how you can demonstrate them on your Webelos adventures.
- With your Webelos den or with a family member, hike 3 miles (in the country if possible).
- Complete a service project on or near the hike location.
- Perform one of the following leadership roles during your hike: trail leader, first-aid leader, lunch leader, or service project leader.