Rationale for Adventure
This adventure will introduce or reinforce healthy eating habits, including making the right food choices and practicing good hygiene. Activities will also focus on good manners at mealtime. In addition, the adventure will give each Tiger an opportunity to perform a useful service for his family.
Takeaways for Cub Scouts
- Making healthy food choices
- Trying new fruits and vegetables
- Developing manners when eating
- Practicing basic food-related hygiene
- A Scout is clean, helpful, courteous [Tiger Character Compass]
Adventure Requirements (Tiger Handbook, page 78)
- Identify three good food choices and three foods that would not be good choices.
- Show that you know the difference between a fruit and a vegetable. Eat one of each.
- With your adult partner, pick a job to help your family at mealtime. Do it every day for one week.
- Show you can keep yourself and your personal area clean.
- Talk with your adult partner about what foods you can eat with your fingers. Practice your manners when eating them.
- With your adult partner, plan and make a good snack choice or other nutritious food to share with your den.