Rationale for Adventure
This adventure will introduce Tigers to the concept of teamwork and also to the idea that—even at a young age—they can make a difference in the world. Some of the activities in this adventure are home-based and involve the family and/or the adult partner, and others are to be performed with the den.
Takeaways for Cub Scouts
- Understanding that each Cub Scout is part of many teams and, as such, he can have an impact on his family, his Tiger den, and his community
- A Scout is trustworthy, loyal. [Tiger character compass]
ADVENTURE Requirements (Tiger Handbook, page 66)
- List the different teams of which you are a part.
- With your den, make a den job chart that shows everyone doing something to help. As one of the den jobs, lead the Pledge of Allegiance at a den meeting.
- Pick two chores you will do at home once a week for a month.
- Make a chart to show three ways that members of your Tiger team are different from each other.
- Do an activity to help your community or neighborhood team.