RATIONALE FOR ADVENTURE
This adventure promotes physical fitness and good health.
TAKEAWAYS FOR CUB SCOUTS
- Increased level of fitness
- Feeling better about oneself both physically and mentally
- A Scout is friendly, clean. [Webelos Character Compass]
ADVENTURE REQUIREMENTS (Webelos Handbook, page 86)
Do all of these:
- Understand and explain why you should warm up before exercising and cool down afterward. Demonstrate the proper way to warm up and cool down.
- Do these activities and record your results:
a. 20-yard dash
b. Vertical jump
c. Lifting a 5-pound weight
f. Jumping rope
- Make an exercise plan that includes at least three physical activities. Carry out your plan for 30 days, and write down your progress each week.
- With your den, prepare a fitness course or series of games that includes jumping, avoiding obstacles, weight lifting, and running. Time yourself going through the course, and improve your time over a two-week period.
- With adult guidance, lead younger Scouts in a fitness game or games as a gathering activity for a pack or den meeting.
- Try a new sport you have never tried before.