RATIONALE FOR ADVENTURE
Sports are all about honesty, respect, fair play, and being physically fit. Playing a sport will build a Webelos Scout’s body and improve his skills—and learning to play more than one sport will help develop a lifelong habit of physical activity.
TAKEAWAYS FOR CUB SCOUTS
- Experiencing new sports individually and in teams
- Practicing good sportsmanship and learning its importance
- A Scout is clean. [Webelos Character Compass]
ADVENTURE REQUIREMENTS (Webelos Handbook, page 516)
Do all of these:
- Show the signals used by officials in one of these sports: football, basketball, baseball, soccer, or hockey.
- While you are a Webelos Scout, participate in two individual sports.
- While you are a Webelos Scout, play two team sports.
- Complete the following requirements:
a. Explain what good sportsmanship means.
b. Role-play a situation that demonstrates good sportsmanship.
c. Give an example of a time when you experienced or saw someone showing good sportsmanship.