RATIONALE FOR ADVENTURE
Water, water everywhere—water to drink, water to cook our food, water to clean our bodies and our teeth, and water to play in! In this adventure, Wolf Scouts will learn how to conserve water and keep it clean in their homes and neighborhoods. Then they’ll have a chance to swim together, having fun and practicing aquatics safety.
TAKEAWAYS FOR CUB SCOUTS
- Water conservation
- Aquatics safety
- Skill development
- Physical fitness
- A Scout is loyal, obedient, brave. [Wolf Character Compass]
ADVENTURE REQUIREMENTS (Wolf Handbook, page 294)
- Demonstrate how the water in your community can become polluted.
- Explain one way that you can help conserve water in your home.
- Explain to your den leader why swimming is good exercise.
- Explain the safety rules that you need to follow before participating in swimming or boating.
- Show how to do a reaching rescue.
- Visit a local pool or public swimming area with your family or Wolf den. With qualified supervision, jump into water that is at least chest-high, and swim 25 feet or more.