RATIONALE FOR ADVENTURE
This adventure will promote physical fitness and good health through games and other fun activities.
TAKEAWAYS FOR CUB SCOUTS
- Activities increase our level of fitness and make us feel better about ourselves.
- Good sportsmanship is just as important as skill in sports and active games.
- Choosing nutritious foods will help you live an active life.
- A Scout is friendly. [Wolf Character Compass]
ADVENTURE REQUIREMENTS (Wolf Handbook, page 110)
- Play catch with someone in your den or family who is standing 10 steps away from you. Play until you can throw and catch successfully at this distance. Take a step back, and see if you can improve your throwing and catching ability.
- Practice balancing as you walk forward, backward, and sideways.
- Practice flexibility and balance by doing a front roll, a back roll, and a frog stand.
- Play a sport or game with your den or family, and show good sportsmanship.
- Do at least two of the following: frog leap, inchworm walk, kangaroo hop, or crab walk.
- Demonstrate what it means to eat a balanced diet by helping to plan a healthy menu for a meal for your family. Make a shopping list of the food used to prepare the meal.