RATIONALE FOR ADVENTURE
Laughing provides many health benefits. It also enhances teamwork and improves alertness, creativity, and memory. In this adventure, Bear Scouts will share laughter with others, strengthening their bond with family members and the den.
TAKEAWAYS FOR CUB SCOUTS
• Health benefits of laughter (releasing stress, relaxing muscles, boosting immune system, easing anxiety and fear)
• Learning social skills and how to diffuse conflict in a group
• Practicing respect for others, being courteous, and following directions
• A Scout is cheerful. [Bear Character Compass]
ADVENTURE REQUIREMENTS (Bear Handbook, page 230)
- Think about what makes you laugh. Write down three things that make you laugh.
- Practice reading tongue twisters.
- Create your own short story. Remove some nouns, verbs, adjectives, and adverbs from the story, leaving blanks. Without telling the story, have a friend insert his or her own nouns, verbs, adjectives, and adverbs in the story you created.
- With a partner, play a game that makes you laugh.
- Share a few jokes with a couple of friends to make them laugh.
- Practice at least two run-ons with your den, and perform them at a pack meeting or campfire program.