RATIONALE FOR ADVENTURE
In this adventure, Wolf Scouts will learn the importance of teamwork and good sportsmanship, as well as keeping themselves healthy and fit.
TAKEAWAYS FOR CUB SCOUTS
- Observation and listening skills
- Learning to follow instructions
- Helping each other as a team
- Being fair and respectful in competition
- Living the Scout Oath and Scout Law
- A Scout is helpful. [Wolf Character Compass]
ADVENTURE REQUIREMENTS (Wolf Handbook, page 282)
- Talk with your family and den about what it means to be physically fit. Share ideas of what you can do to stay in shape.
- With your den, talk about why it is important to stretch before and after exercising. Demonstrate proper warm-up movements and stretches before and after each activity you do that involves action.
- Select at least two physical fitness skills and practice them daily. See if you can improve over a two-week period.
- With your family or your den, talk about what it means to be a member of a team. Working together, make a list of team sports, and talk about how the team works together to be successful. Choose one and play for 30 minutes.
- With your den, talk about sportsmanship and what it means to be a good sport while playing a game or a sport. Share with your den how you were a good sport or demonstrated good sportsmanship in requirement 4.
- Visit a sporting event with your family or your den. Look for ways the team works together. Share your visit with your den.
- With your den, develop an obstacle course that involves five different movements. Run the course two times and see if your time improves.