RATIONALE FOR ADVENTURE
In this adventure, Wolves will come to understand how plants grow and the importance of taking care of our natural resources and the environment. They will also learn about the tools needed to plant and tend a garden.
TAKEAWAYS FOR CUB SCOUTS
- Learning important life skills
- Learning how to observe and listen carefully
- Taking care of plants and the environment
- Working in teams
ADVENTURE REQUIREMENTS (Wolf Handbook, page 244)
- Select a seed, and plant it in a small container. Care for it for 30 days. Take a picture or make a drawing of your plant once each week to share with your den.
- Find out the growing zone for your area, and share the types of plants that will grow best in your zone.
- Visit or research a botanical or community garden in your area, and learn about two of the plants that grow there. Share what you have learned with your den.
- Make a terrarium.
- Do one of the following:
a. Using a seed tray, grow a garden inside your home. Keep a journal of its progress for 30 days. Share the results with your den.
b. Grow a sweet potato plant in water. Keep a journal of its growth for two weeks. Share it with your den.