Rationale for Adventure
This adventure will help Tigers realize that the Scout Law is a code of conduct they can follow to make their bodies and minds stronger.
Takeaways for Cub Scouts
- Understanding of teamwork
- Problem solving
- Creating a game
- Creating a den plan for good manners
- Strengthening relationships through attitude
- Connecting the Scout Law and daily life
- Taking care of the earth by recycling
Adventure Requirements (Tiger Handbook, page 162)
- Do the following:
a. With your den or adult partner, say the Scout Law. Explain to your den one of the 12 points of the Law and why you think a knight would have the same behavior.
b. If you have not already done so, make a code of conduct with your den that will describe how each person should act when you are all together. If your den has a code of conduct, discuss with your den the updates it might need. Vote on which actions should go in your den code of conduct.
- Create a den shield and a personal shield.
- Using recycled materials, design and build a small castle with your adult partner to display at the pack meeting.
- Think of one physical challenge that could be part of an obstacle course. Then help your den design a Tiger knight obstacle course. With your adult partner, participate in the course.
- Participate in a service project.