RATIONALE FOR ADVENTURE
This adventure teaches Wolf Scouts about the importance of keeping a clean room, proper hand washing, and covering their sneezes—through fun, hands-on (and gross!) science experiments.
TAKEAWAYS FOR CUB SCOUTS
- Knowing the proper way to wash hands
- Why we cover a sneeze
- What mucus does for our bodies
- The importance of cleaning our rooms
- Bacteria are present even if we can’t see them.
- A Scout is clean, courteous. [Wolf Character Compass]
ADVENTURE REQUIREMENTS (Wolf Handbook, page 230)
- Wash your hands while singing the “germ song.”
- Play Germ Magnet with your den. Wash your hands again afterward.
- Conduct the sneeze demonstration.
- Conduct the mucus demonstration with your den.
- Grow a mold culture. Show what formed at a den or pack meeting.
- Make a clean room chart, and do your chores for at least one week.