Rationale for Adventure
This adventure will help Tigers learn about their families and their heritage.
Takeaways for Cub Scouts
- Appreciating diversity and each Scout’s unique family heritage
- Developing confidence, and encouraging bravery and patience
- Being observant
- A Scout is courteous. [Tiger character compass]
Adventure Requirements (Tiger Handbook, p. 134)
- Discuss with your adult partner and/or family where your family originated. Discuss their history, traditions, and culture—your family heritage. Share a story or bring something to share with your den about yourself and your family.
- Make a family crest.
- Visit your public library to find out information about your heritage.
- Interview one of your grandparents or another family elder, and share with your den what you found.
- Make a family tree.
- Share with your den how you got your name or what your name means.
- Share with your den your favorite snack or dessert that reflects your cultural heritage.
- Learn where your family came from, and locate it on a map. Share this information with your den. With the help of your adult partner, locate and write to a pen pal from that location.