Rationale for Adventure
In this adventure, Tigers will learn about what it means to wear Tiger orange. The color orange represents warmth, cheer, enthusiasm, creativity, and energy. Tigers are proud to wear the color orange; they like to show their enthusiasm by helping others and by using their energy to complete tasks. Helping others provides the opportunity to build self-esteem, give goodwill, and create a cheerful attitude. The warmth in the color orange is shared by using proper manners when speaking to others.
Takeaways for Cub Scouts
- Learning what it means to be helpful and courteous
- Providing service to others
- Assuming responsibility
- Cooperating with others
- Developing a positive attitude toward people in need of help
- Increasing self-esteem
- Practicing good manners
- A Scout is loyal [Tiger Character Compass]
Adventure Requirements (Tiger Handbook, page 124)
- Bring in and share with your den five items that are the color orange.
- Demonstrate loyalty over the next week at school or in your community. Share at your next den meeting how you were loyal to others.
- With your adult partner, decide on one new task you can do to help your family, and do it.
- Talk with your den and adult partner about polite language. Learn how to shake hands properly and introduce yourself.
- Play a game with your den. Then discuss how your den played politely.
- With your adult partner and den, work on a service project for your pack’s meeting place or chartered organization.