RATIONALE FOR ADVENTURE
Everywhere we look, we see collections. A collection of plants is a garden; a collection of cows is a herd. And any group of objects that are similar and special to you counts as a collection, too. That collection tells others what you find interesting, and as you expand the collection, you gain new skills and understanding.
TAKEAWAYS FOR CUB SCOUTS
- Enthusiasm for starting a collection
- Cooperation and showing respect for others
- Completing a task
- Listening skills
- A Scout is courteous. [Wolf Character Compass]
ADVENTURE REQUIREMENTS (Wolf Handbook, page 178)
- Begin a collection of at least 10 items that all have something in common. Label the items and title your collection.
- Share your collection at a den meeting.
- Visit a show or museum that displays different collections or models.
- Create an autograph book, and get at least 10 autographs. Start with members of your den.
- Pick a famous living person, and write him or her a letter. In your letter, ask the person to send you an autographed photo.
- Play a game with your den that involves collecting.