RATIONALE FOR ADVENTURE
Through this adventure, Webelos Scouts will discover what being a “hero” means to them as well as the community they live in. Boys will meet local heroes and learn about everyday heroism around the world. Each Scout will also imagine his own superhero and create a story of how that hero helps others.
TAKEAWAYS FOR CUB SCOUTS
- Heroes can be found anywhere and are usually people just like us.
- Following the 12 points of the Scout Law can help us face challenges and be heroes in our own communities.
- A Scout is brave. [Webelos Character Compass]
ADVENTURE REQUIREMENTS (Webelos Handbook, page 306)
Do all of these:
- Discover what it means to be a hero. Invite a local hero to meet with your den.
- Identify how citizens can be heroes in their communities.
- Recognize a hero in your community by presenting him or her with a “My Hero Award.”
- Learn about a real-life hero from another part of the world who has helped make the world a better place.
- Learn about a Scout hero.
- Create your own superhero.